Pictures of the finished blouse. Because I wanted a bit of spring feeling, I took out a pair of summer pants to show the blouse. They are a bit too short for the high heels I was wearing, but you get a better idea of how this looks.
I used size 12, tapered down to 14 at hip level. The pictures show a few lines, but it’s quite ok I think, As usual more space in the back, but it’s supposed to be loose fitting.
Unfortunately the pictures don’t do the lines of the pattern any justice, therefor on the end a few details taken on my dressform. The shoulders are described as “dropped shoulders” but they are far less dropping than the Burda blouse I made last year (and never wore). Wish DH had a bit more feeling for photography and the way a garment drapes. The belt look is a bit strange.
The back has a small pleat, such a nice detail.
The pattern is drafted beautifully, lines are matching perfectly.
Detail on dressform
A nice pattern to get into the mood for spring sewing. I bet this fabric wrinkles like crazy, but that’s part of the deal with linen.
I’m quite happy that I’ve managed to sew something else than a knit top or a pair of pants. Hope to get a bit more sewing done this weekend.
Happy (sewing) weekend to all of you.