Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas

Also here in the Netherlands there is more snow today than I care for. I’m happy for my children that it’s vacation time, so they won’t have to go to school on their bicyles tomorrow. Instead they can enjoy the snow, though they’re a bit too old to play in it.

I planned to show some pictures too, but my camera is playing tricks with me, the memory card shows my sewing projects, but not the snow pictures I thought I had taken. Pity, as they would have been great to remember how high the snow was today. We are not used to these amounts of snow, most years we don’t see any at all.

I won’t be blogging the next two weeks. No looking back to the sewing projects of 2009. It’s been a hectic year for me in which I’ve done less sewing than I hoped for. I’d like to start 2010 with sewing a small winter wardrobe (January/February). But it might come to nothing: I thought I would have sewn a jacket before Christmas, and didn’t even trace the pattern. But I will be trying to at least come up with a plan for a wardrobe, I still am intrigued by that idea, but don’t want to be in a timeframe or contest with specific rules.

 

Wishing you all a very good and peaceful Christmas.

image

20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Sigrid. Wishing you health,wealth and happiness for 2010. I am sure you will take more sewing time too.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigrid, have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Let me know when you want to do that jacket sewalong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Sigrid and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a very merry Christmas Sigrid. I am not planning a recap either. It's more fun to think ahead and plan for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Sigrid! Enjoy the break with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. vrolijk kerstfeest -

    I sure hope that's right, going from Google translate. Anyway, best of the festive season to you and your family; and many thanks for your tutorials. I've found them enormously helpful over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your familiy! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry christmas to you and your family and all the best wishes for 2010.
    I hope it will be a good sewing-year in which we sew without pressure, in the pace that suits us best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry christmas and a happy new year to you, Sigrid!

    (And if you want to take pictures on cold days make sure the cam is cozy and warm until you want to use it. Cold can indeed cause malfunctions.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take a deep breath and enjoy Christmas Sigrid, you have done so much this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas and happy New Year, from Hungary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing better for some Christmas spirit than snow! Being snow bound is a good excuse to nest and get some sewing done. I think that your projects are inspirational, so please don't stop posting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Sigrid and all the very best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sigrid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My best wishes to you and yours in the Christmas holidays.

    Hugs from Spain,

    Paco

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Xmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas, Sigrid! I feel like I could have signed my name to your post :) . I never feel like I sew enough with my schedule. Grand plans that just haven't been happening lately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete