Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First post

This is my first post into this blog.
No sewing projects under construction any more. Today I finished the last of a couple of garments. I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while, and this is a good point for me as I will start with new things.
Perhaps blogging about my projects will help me finish them before starting something else (which I'm in the habit of doing).

I'll start with a skirt.
This is a pattern from the Dutch Knip magazine from October 2004. I've made it before in dark winter colors. This time I'll use a cotton/silk voile from EmmaOneSock. The difficulty in this skirt is that the fabric is sheer, so I want to use French seams and an invisible zipper.



















This is the photo of the skirt in the magazine and the line drawing.






















I will use a white lining and made the lining pattern as a pencil skirt, without the ruffled part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!