Thursday, April 17, 2014

My head is spinning

Having bought so many new fabrics in the past months, especially in the past month and having met with sewing friends my head is now spinning with ideas/garments to sew. I just don’t know what to start with. Do you know that feeling? There’s a knit top, a knock-off skirt, another blouse, a bra set all fighting for priority but the next thing will probably be another dress.

In my drafting/sewing lessons I drafted a shirt after a Marfy pattern and it looks I’m getting there with the fit far more easily than before.

A peek of what I’m working at. The lines in the front are even, just not properly done at the dressform.

Marfy inspired blouseMarfy line drawing front Marfy line drawing back 

Yesterday I bought the May issue of Knip Mode, which was an issue to give me a lot of inspiration again, especially a dress I must make.

This will most probably be my next dress, the pattern is traced, fabric decided upon. I will compare the pattern pieces with my draft (as much as I can, they are complicated pattern pieces). I might even try to sew it before Easter. I’ll need a quick mock-up for the top. It’s one of the patterns that is inspired by the dresses our (new) queen wears, showing photos of her rather then of the dress sewn up. This always makes me wonder whether the pattern has been tried by Knip Mode themselves. They had some patterns like that in the past that were not very correct. Only one way to find out…. make it.

DSC01235 DSC01238

5 comments:

  1. That dress is lovely! I'll be looking forward to you trying it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shirt and the dress. My sister has a RTW knit top similar to the dress bodice. I wanted to copy but couldn't quite figure it out alas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt! What a wonderful technique that changes the shirt from good to great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shirt and I love the fabric - yes I know exactly how you feel - we just need to have 30 hour days and we will be fine lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I how well I know the feeling of so many projects, drowning in patterns, fabrics and ideas. Short on time.

    ReplyDelete