Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trousers - almost finished

What a lot of (long) comments on my Burda post. Thank you, it was so nice to read all your opinions about it. I keep hoping Burda will publish something fashionable and interesting again soon. I've been working on a pair of trousers, inspired by a rtw linen pair I bought this summer and was happy with . It was a bit lower style than I usually wear/make and the fit was good. But it shrunk a bit when washing and I couldn't really copy it. So I browsed my Burda (!) magazines and found a similar style in the May 2006 issue.

 

I made a muslin and to my great surprise it almost fitted as it was. I only had to let out the side seams at hip height a bit extra.  I don’t have pictures of muslin or trousers yet, but I am very happy wiith how it looks in general and especially on the inside. I like a good inside finish.

The fabric is a very beautiful, thin wool and I interfaced till the knee. It will be my first “fall” project.

 

Like I did before I changed the pattern for the waistband so that the center seam is transferred to the inside.

The zipper has a fly shield.

Hope to show finished pictures later this week.

7 comments:

  1. These look really nice! I love tailored pants!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I wish the insides of my home-made trousers looked so neat and professional! I'm sure these will be great trousers for you when they're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Do you have a tutorial about transferring that seam? If so, what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Thank you for showing the details, I have learned quite a bit from you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pattern and beautifully sewn! I saw something similar in Burda Magazine February 2009, #132. It is specifically for fabrics with stretch. Does it look like your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully finished on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks nice so far. What a perfect finish from the inside - clean and neat.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!