Thursday, August 18, 2011
For the black one I traced the facings as shown in the next picture.
UPDATE: this is the back. If you do this don't include the pleat in the front!
Construction is a bit different then, this is how I did it:
- sew the side seams of the top
- sew the side seams of the facings
- with right sides together, sew armhole and necklines, but STOP THE STITCHLINE 1.5 cm (5/8”) BEFORE THE END of the shoulder seam
- sew the shoulders right sides together, folding the facing away
- stitch the shoulders of the facing by hand (or stitch in the line of the shoulderseams of the top), folding one end over the other on the inside)
This pattern defnitely is a keeper, I’m sure there will be more Sorbetto tops in my future. A big thanks to Colette patterns for making this available!
The pattern for the Sorbetto you can find here:http://www.colettepatterns.com/files/free-patterns/colette-patterns-0003-sorbetto.pdf and on the blog SewWeekly a pattern for a short sleeve is published. Also in a “7 day of Sorbetto challenge” you’ll find a lot of inspiration for variations on this pattern.