Wednesday, April 25, 2007

First post

This is my first post into this blog.
No sewing projects under construction any more. Today I finished the last of a couple of garments. I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while, and this is a good point for me as I will start with new things.
Perhaps blogging about my projects will help me finish them before starting something else (which I'm in the habit of doing).

I'll start with a skirt.
This is a pattern from the Dutch Knip magazine from October 2004. I've made it before in dark winter colors. This time I'll use a cotton/silk voile from EmmaOneSock. The difficulty in this skirt is that the fabric is sheer, so I want to use French seams and an invisible zipper.



















This is the photo of the skirt in the magazine and the line drawing.






















I will use a white lining and made the lining pattern as a pencil skirt, without the ruffled part.

No comments:

Post a Comment