I don’t often make patterns with special details twice for the obvious reason that when it’s that special, one item is enough in the closet. I’m making an exception for this jacket that I made this summer.
I like the style very much and have worn it regularly. Recently I bought a deep purple ponte with the intention to make a jacket, but I didn’t exactly know which pattern I wanted to use. I came around this pattern and thought that as I had invested so much time in making the pattern and liking the result so much, it was worth another one in a winter color. So that’s what I started with. I’ll share a few photos of the process.
The back has a ‘back stay’ from silk organza. As all seams are shaped it wasn’t easy to make a stay in one piece and instead of making a stay with seams I used the silk organza as extra layer in the back pieces. Perhaps not the right way to do it, hope it works.
All front pieces are interfaced. I don’t interface the seam allowances for two reasons: reducing bulk is the main reason, the other that it costs a lot of extra fabric to cut with seam allowances.
The front, the picture is made a bit lighter to show the details. It really is a very dark purple that looks almost black in the photos.
This was good progress the last two days. It will take a few more days with sewing time to complete and I’m hopeful that I’ll have enough time to complete it within a week.