Saturday, June 5, 2010

Burda, this is what I’m looking for

Ann-Marie posted a comment with a link this morning, that I want to share with you. Thank you so much Ann-Marie, I didn’t know this one.
Someone called “Peacock couture” has made a Flickr photoalbum with just what I would like to see (and probably many more of you) on the Burda website as shown in my last post on this subject. Peacock couture has already done something similar. It does not contain all issues, but this is a wonderful link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peacockcouture/collections/

The flickr album is no longer available, just before I went on holiday, I understood from Ann-Marie that Burda sent a legal notice to remove the pictures! I am so sorry to hear that, it was such a wonderful resource. Though I somehow can see Burda’s point not wanting this, I would suggest them to make an accessible, user friendly site themselves. Then they wouldn’t have to bother so much about this (my personal opinion of course) and get more positive attention for their own site.


You can click on a specific issue to see pictures and linedrawings, but also search on tags that are added to the photos.
When searching this collection for the words “top knit” you get a screen with all pictures with these tags. A small screenshot:
image
When you click one of the pictures, the “this photo belongs to” tells you from which issue it is.
Whoever she/he is, Peacock couture made exactly what I was thinking about. I even considered making something similar, but dismissed the idea as being too much work.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link!
    One major problem that I have with Burda is that where I live it's only avaliable in either German or Italian language, and I don't speak neither of those. I would LOVE to have English instructions for each Burda issue, and wish someone would publish them monthly. Maybe this is already avaliable, and I don't know about it? Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is it exactly. Gee do you think Burda will ever get the hint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Sigrid. And did you notice she also has links to Pattern Review reviews of the patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot that Monique did this! Thanks for the reminder. She also blogs at: http://peacockchic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sigrid, I am glad you like my burda archives in flickr. I have found it tremendously helpful for planning what to make next. I was also so happy I did it when Burda started making all those layout changes because I couldn't find anything anymore. It does take a bit of work but since I use it so often it is absolutely worth it. It is even more worth it if others benefit too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is very impressive. Thank you for sharing her link :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a resource !

    Thanks for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this link, Sigrid! I will definitely use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this resource, did they make her take it down? It's gone now.

    That would really tick me off, considering Burda is already on my poo list!

    ReplyDelete