Friday, July 14, 2017

StyleArc Evie top

At StyleArc’s site this is simply described as Knit tank top with a shaped hemline. I would add that is has some flare. I made my second version this week. I added a little bit to the flare.

image

This is the first one I made, shown as work in progress a few weeks ago. It’s still the only picture I have of it, but it’s been worn and washed several times already (it is hemmed and topstitched after this photo was taken).

[DSC_0427%5B3%5D]

Being such an easy to wear style on warmer summer days I made another one, in a fabric with a print this time.

P7131515

P7131514

In the past I’ve had some problems getting at ease with my coverstitch machine, but we’re working well together now. I’m very happy with the finishing details.

P7131516

Inside of the neckline. There was a tan coloured thread on my serger, the black is from the coverstitch.

P7131518

The hem, done as I described in this post. Basting it first makes it take 10 minutes extra, but so worth it. The cutting line is enclosed by the stitches.

P7131519

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely top for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this top a few months ago--Easy and cool--your two fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I really like it in the print. What cover stitch machine do you have? I love how the neckline came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the print. who made the fabric and where did you buy it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fiberchick: it's from an online vendor here in the Netherlands. I was quite smitten with the fabric when I saw it, waited a week and then bought it ;).
    https://www.jerseyfashion.nl/epages/61926197.sf/nl_NL/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61926197/Products/Teramo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been looking for a pattern like this for quite some time now - your patterns for sewing are impressive

    ReplyDelete