Monday, October 10, 2016

First steps

Thank you for your kind comments on my posts last week, it feels good to be back again. And a special thank you for those of you who gave suggestions or links to information on making a men’s shirt. Very helpful.

A side note on comments: I can’t reply to individual comments on my computer, somehow that’s only possible viewing my blog on my phone (must be browser specific). As I prefer working/typing on my computer, I don’t often reply to individual comments. Just know that I read and love them all).

Isn’t it strange, that somehow making a men’s shirt felt a bit intimidating? Like Nancy said, I’ve made a lot of shirts for myself. Also I”m not scared of (more) difficult projects and still a men’s shirt sounded like unknown territory. It isn’t actually. Once I was busy with cutting out the pattern pieces, sewing the yoke to the back it’s the same. The technique for sewing the sleeves and the side seams are a bit different, but other then that it’s about finding/using the right interfacing for the collar (heavier than a women’s shirt).

Working with a striped fabric is not new to me and I can get very ocd about matching stripes. Did a good job here I think.

DSC_2146

I did the chevron stripes in the way Pam Erny describes it here. Don’t know how I did not think of her tutorials, as they are so good and she’s a professional shirt-maker.

For the other pattern pieces I roughly matched the stripes, cut around the pattern pieces (to which I added seam allowances this time) and then matched the stripes for each individual piece before cutting at the seam allowances.

DSC_2138

As you can see the fabric of the two layers shifted a little before the final cutting. A bit more time but for me a necessary step.

DSC_2140

1 comment:

  1. If you learn of terrible assessments, switch to the rolex replica sale. Whenever you choose a web-site devoid of terrible assessments, perform your make sure this web-site in the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, RipOffReport as well as ConsumerAffairs web pages. Every web-site this clears all those road blocks is definitely hublot replica so that you can go with. As long as a Bulova it will be possible gem look at is concerned, there are actually promotions in abundance. A hot replica watches sale you can get internet for your price cut as compared with you actually pay back during retail price is a rolex replica sale. The following look at contains a game facial area that is definitely bounded by way of attractive diamond rings and owning diamond rings to the specific facial area of your look at on its own. A rolex replica uk includes 32 diamond rings which includes a stainless-steel bezel including a stainless-steel strap. The following look at is likewise water-repellant about 99 paws plus carries a 2-year vendor assurance. The asking price of the following look at internet often flows all over 400 plus 80 $ $ $ $ opposed to the variety amount, that is certainly all over seven-hundred $ $ $ $.

    ReplyDelete