Saturday, March 22, 2014

About a pattern, running, fabric and a new bra

There’s a lot to write about, I did quite a few sewing related things this week and/or shared them with sewing friends.

First of all I would like to thank Barbara, one of my readers that I met when she visited The Netherlands last autumn. We had a very nice evening at the time and have been in contact since. She sent me this wonderful Montana pattern. I was a great admirer of Claude Montana in the 80’s and had a few of his patterns, but not this one.  This pattern will be in my to sew list for next winter.

DSC_0589

Last Sunday I did my first official 5K run, together with sewing friends Hilde and Joana. The photo is from before the run ;). For all of us it was a feeling of great achievement, to be able to do this when we only started running a few months ago. I wrote about this here. Let’s do it again ladies! Marta came to cheer us on, it was a lovely afternoon.

20140316_123707

Then I spent a few days with my friend Valerie in Zeeland, where we enjoyed sewing, chatting and going to the fabric market together.

This is my haul, can you see the black/white/grey preference?

DSC_0590

DSC_0594 DSC_0593 

And what did I sew? I finished a bra for my daughter that I started months ago and made myself a new one. It’s made from non-stretch lace. The narrow elastic that is normally used to stitch behind the scalloped edge of the bra I now used as accent. At the top of the cups it’s a bit shorter so that it will still have its purpose of keeping the lace to your body.

I’ve played a bit with the pattern pieces and redrafted my tnt pattern to have one long straight edge at the side cup. The shape on the dressform looks a bit strange, but it’s a good fit on me.

That’s all for now, I’m hoping to do a bit of sewing later today, now it’s usual Saturday routine.

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous bra, Sigrid, and congratulations again on the running - it looks as though you all thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running 5 ks is quite an achievement! ALso a very nice bra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the run! That bra is beautiful. I really admire those that sew bras!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first 5k! That is quite something to celebrate, and your purchases are a great reward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy!
    Congrats on the 5K, what an accomplishment.

    That fabric is beautiful, I love the gray with a flash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new fabrics look beautiful - what a great addition to the stash, and the bra is especially pretty with the red trim.
    I am completely impressed with your new running habit, and finally - your Ziggi looks absolutely splendid! Really nice work Sigrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bra, as usual. Love your fabric choices. You know how much I love gray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like you have been busy. Love your sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, I am very proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a 5K and beautiful new bra, what terrific accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!