Thank you all so much for all the comments on my jacket. So many of you took the time to leave a comment, which is very much appreciated.
I found lining for my coat, but will finish the coat a little later. Perhaps strange, but I felt like a few simple things in between.
This weekend I did make a new set of lin gerie, something that is to me (certainly compared to jackets and coats) easy and uncomplicated to make (yes, it really isn’t that difficult!). I tried a Merckwaerdigh pattern, BHST2 for the first time. I adapted the pattern for the upper cup a bit, but otherwise I mainly used the pattern as it was.
To complete the set I made a panty from another Merckwaerdigh pattern, that I used before. Both were finished in one afternoon and evening, quite a contrast to the previous project.
Now I’m working on a Burda blouse from the February issue.
It’s quite a fitted blouse, and my initial reaction to the pattern was to make the collar and stand smaller and not make the special cuffs. Then I realized that I was planning to make it again to a very basic blouse without special details anymore. Well, I decided to go a little out of my comfort zone regarding blouse styling, and used the high stand, larger collar and the special cuffs. Though I’m not quite sure yet whether the cuffs are there to stay.
The instructions (which by exception I obligingly followed ) say that you have to make the slit in the sleeve with one side overlapping the other side. No Burda, not with this kind of cuff, no overlap needed! You can see it in the technical drawing too. Of course I only realized that after I had sewn the first cuff to the sleeve. I can’t remember I ever made such cuffs, so this is not something I know by earlier experience. Burda should know. These are for cufflinks, as the instructions tell you to make with two buttons.