Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Knip mode top and Vogue pants

Black is always a very hard color to photograph. Seeing the pictures from yesterday on my blog in daylight, they even are more black than I saw them in artificial light.

Today a photo from me wearing the top, which always gives a better indication about fit and style than a dress-form photo. It helps I have a tripod and remote control now. Still need a bit of practice using that.

DSC_0263 DSC_0272

The colors are very much lightened so you can see the pleats of the neckline. This top has so many layers that I advice a very thin knit for it, otherwise you will have problems sewing the shoulder seams. This consists of 5 layers of fabric (double layer collar with gathers!, front, front facing and back shoulder). Knip mode is a magazine like BurdaStyle with sheets where you trace the pattern from. In this case very difficult as there are many lines for all the sizes included and two pattern pieces were in the same area as well. I think the pdf pattern would be useful in this case, instead of tracing it. Knip mode has extra instructions (in Dutch) on their website. Reading them the first time it seemed clear as mud, but when actually doing it with the pattern pieces it worked fine. For the (Dutch) readers: an asterix * is missing on the pattern that is referred to in the instructions, but if you got that far you’ll probably see how it’s done.

The trousers are Vogue 1417, for which I wrote a blog post on the great draft and instructions for the pockets. This pattern had some great design lines. Not so sure about the style on me, too narrow at ankle height.

DSC_0252  DSC_0247

8 comments:

  1. Love the top! I think it works better than the original dress design, more balanced. The pants look great too, interesting style lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. Forgot to mention it originally is a dress pattern.

      Delete
  2. beautiful top! I always like those asymmetric designs and yours looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like that top- elegant and drapey to all body shapes. You've achieved a great fit for the trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top is a work of art and your pants also look wonderful! It's the right mixture of unique and beautiful! Well done Sigrid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit! I love the top, so different. I like the pants with the top untucked. I think that the pants are so different that they take some getting used to the look but with that top they look wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the top and pants together. As Nancy says, the pants take some getting used to but they look great.

    ReplyDelete