Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Top finished

The top I drafted is made up in fashion fabric. A remnant piece that I found at the fabric market last year. Did not know the contents but as it was a “Sigrid” fabric (as one of my friends immediately said when I showed the picture in our Whatsapp group) I had to buy it.

It was not complicated to draft and an easy make too. Only the point of the v-neckline requires some thought and I might do it a little different next time. There certainly will be a next time as I like the neckline a lot. The pleat is not something I will repeat too often, but it’s a nice detail.

32952062256_0368f3e099_z

32967275626_95d911a915_z

This was the original inspiration garment.

image

PS: thanks to those who commented on keeping a diary of my allotment plans a few posts ago. I’m experimenting with OneNote and an (old-fashioned?) paper notebook. It crossed my mind to start a blog about it too, but I’m such a beginner. Plus the time it takes. Might change my mind.

Perhaps I’ll do a closing picture occassionally like this, my tomato seedlings and part of the plot (after some work has been done).

IMG_4764

image

9 comments:

  1. The top worked out nicely! And I love your plot. Wish I had one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is excellent, and is a lovely fit. We had an allotment for about seven years, but I and I thought you might like to consider setting up an Excel spreadsheet and that way you can map out what you plant where each year. I think there is also a website/software which you can use for this. An allotment is addictive and takes up quite a lot of time, not just weeding, digging and planting but also preparing the lovely vegetables you will be picking, and a large freezer and lots of preserving bottles come in very handy. I do hope you get great enjoyment from it, but sewing time might suffer a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top and the fabric. It may be A Sigrid fabric but it's also an Anne fabric! And top.
    I have a largish garden and struggle with it these days. At one point I was quite diligent about planning and recording etc. I'd prefer a gardener now! I didn't sew when I gardened. But good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....I think this is a dynamite make! Especially like the neckline because of the V and how it hugs the neck.....great fab as well. Good luck with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice top, the neckline is very flattering I like it a lot. I am with you with the pleat, those pleasts look better when the neckline is lower and wider in my opinion. Tomato seeds already popping up, lets us see how many tomatos you will get:) Tomatos are hard to grow, espicially when you take the organic path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful top! That neckline looks perfect on its own, as well as under a variety of jackets (unlike some collars that only work with a certain style of jacket).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top looks great! It's so nice that you saw something that you liked and was able to easily draft it. It fits you fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such a great job recreating your inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous top and the neckline sit perfectly, so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete