Thursday, January 26, 2017

Drafting a dress - 3


What lovely comments on my posts on drafting. Based on your comments I will try to give more details on drafting the funnel neckline in another post (if I can do that without infringing copyright) and will show you how I use my sloper to check a pattern. There were other questions and I'll answer these in another post. Never feel that you might not have enough experience to comment or apologise for being late with a comment. No need!! I love to read them all. 

Today two pictures of my progress. The front now stays in place, so the change worked. 



Aweful selfie photos in a mirror, you'll get the idea. The pleats are only provisionally pinned and I will change them a bit before closing the seam. Just wanted to know if I was on the right track. 

On the inside I used silk organza on the bias cut triangle at the waist to stabilize and used a little bit at the right front to eliminate bulk for the zipper in the side seam.

6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to it all. particularly the sloper business. I have one for pants that I can draft from but would like to learn how it can influence a real pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are moving along. I too am enjoying the process. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading and learning more as I struggle moving from sloper to real garment. Your dress is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The neck looks great! the bust area also looks good but I still think the waist area is a bit bulky. Is it becaouse of the fabric? Stabilazing with a silk organza is a great idea. Your tailoring knowladge is uncomparable, I learn from each post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog posts, Sigrid. Esp the drafting posts. I don't post much because you are way too advanced from my current level and me posting here seemed pretentious. But I realize that I still show my appreciation for your posts no matter what level I am.

    The dress is beautiful. I'd love to read more on the neck hugging funnel neckline as well.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!