For this project my inspiration was a dress by Claudia Strater.
A lovely summer dress in a nice print. Upon studying the details on their site I saw a horizontal seam in the waist. At least, that’s what I think, as it’s not very clear. That was at least also very helpful from a drafting point of view, I used the horizontal seam in both the front and back center pattern pieces.
My version is made from a knit fabric that has two tones of thread in it, in the salmon there is a bit of red as well. It’s not perfect and I would have liked the v neck a bit deeper. It’s more fitting than what I usually do in knits and I should be very aware of what I wear underneath. A cup seam is very clearly to be seen.
Apart from the that the main drafting issue is in the backarmhole. I made a quick muslin of the upper part and then again a quick muslin of the sleeve in this dress. I changed the sleeve a bit but it’s not good yet.
I guess the issue has to do with the armhole on the back pattern piece. I’ve posted the question on the Craftsy platform and am waiting for a reply.
Still I think it’s a nice summer dress, it will go with me to the south of France and Italy (soon!).