Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 gone, welcome to 2015

image
Looking back to my blog posts of 2014 I’ve sewn more than I thought I had, but certainly less than I wanted to. Writing this post I thought of the overview that I made a few years ago and made one again. These are my 2014 projects:


2014 was also a year for me with a lot of meet-ups with sewing friends in various places here in the Netherlands or abroad. It’s so strange to think that before my blogging/reviewing days I hardly knew anyone who sews. Besides the real-life meet-ups it’s also great to be in touch with other bloggers and readers through comments and/or e-mails (apologizing here for not being able to email as much as I would like, there’s only 24 hours in a day).

I’m not usually making pledges for the new year, but I do intend to sew more garments that mix and match. When I went through my wardrobe recently there were
a. (too) many black items
b. far too many orphans
c. quite a few things that I do not like that much, either because of the style or the general fit
d. skirts and trousers that don’t fit like they did

Time to do something about it. Which means:
a. sew (or buy) garments that go with the black and add a pop of color (black/white/grey will remain a popular theme with me)
b. sew with a plan and stick to it
c. clean out my closet and get rid of unloved garments
d. lose the 4-5 kilo’s that keep me from fitting those skirts and trousers (perhaps the most difficult task, despite running and exercise it’s difficult loosing weight)

At least it’s something to strive for. Whether I accomplish the sewing plans depends on the sewing time available. There’s a work challenge for me in the next months (learning a new programming language) which will take quite a bit of time. Besides that we have put our house on the market 2 weeks ago, which meant that my sewing room had to be emptied and very, very tidy. Quite a bit of my stash and sewing notions are now packed in boxes, including all my magazines. Perhaps it helps to stay organized????

Looking forward to 2015 and will continue sharing my sewing adventures here on my blog.

Once again: HAPPY 2015!

10 comments:

  1. Gelukkig nieuwjaar Sigrid!
    I really enjoyed your 2014-projects. You made lovely things. I especially like the much-coloured blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Sigrid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
    En ik ben onder de indruk van de 'self drafted' kleding. Een blazer is een van de moeilijkste dingen om echt goed te krijgen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you. Hope you'll achieve your goals. I was able to lose 22 kilos this year. It is not that difficult if you are determined. Weight Watchers worked for me (I am not affiliated with them) only thought it might helped you. Your ziggy jacket is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year from Australia Sigrid! I agree, sewing has become very social compared to years ago, so nice. Have a wonderful 2015, filled with sewing creativity, health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a good sewing year - learnt to draft, more bras and lots of meet ups. Good luck with the sale of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Sigrid and love how we all sew together around the world. All the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice slide show review of your 2014 makes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More good wishes for the new year from Down Under Sigrid! I just love visiting your blog and what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete