Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lekala 4122 and a pencil skirt

Taking good photos of this jacket is difficult, it shows more pleats than actually there. There are a few little wrinkles, but it’s a close fitting jacket. I used a cardigan pattern and used it for a woven and I like the result of it. The fabrics were bought at the Utrecht fabric market last year. The skirt was almost finished last year as well, and I had more or less forgotten about it as for some reason I did not like it. Strange, because when I tried it on now I did not know what I disliked about it then.

For those who don’t know Lekala patterns: it’s a Russian site selling pdf patterns and you can enter your own measurements. Based on those measurements you get a pdf pattern made to your measurements. This was the first time I used one of their patterns. I bought 3 prior to taking drafting lessons and I wanted to see how it worked out. I’m quite happy with it. I made the neckline a bit higher, it was very, very low and the sleeves were very wide, so I changed that too. The pattern has a ruched front which I did not do.

image

The skirt is a basic pencil skirt, absolutely no idea which pattern I used. The fabric is quite special.

It’s finished with hong kong binding and Petersham ribbon in the waist.

Purely by coincidence I saw this jacket online today (style.com) from the Donna Karan spring 2015 collection. Its lines are very similar to the Lekala pattern.

image

It’s been a very busy two weeks and I know I have not answered a few questions. I will get back to those in a later post.

9 comments:

hilde said...

Nice!! The jacket/cardigan reminds me a bit of one in that Paris inspiration brochure (but with the white border), the one that I had seen some good fabric for if you remember (black and white stripey fabric, a bit like birch trees).

Vicki said...

What a lovely outfit! The jacket likes are really nice. I have downloaded a couple of Lekala patterns but have yet to do do more than paste half of one together.

Mrs K said...

I agree, a lovely outfit. Love the jacket color/style. What fabric did you use for the skirt?

Mrs. Smith said...

Really like how your jacket turned out. It should be a wardrobe workhorse for you.

valerie said...

the photographs do not do them justice, having seen them in real life but as I said beautiful pieces definitely keepers and classic wardrobe staples

Tany said...

Truly wonderful work here, Sigrid. I hear you on the photo issues... Taking photos of a garment on ourselves (outfit photos) isn't easy. Your jacket looks perfect though, I really love it and you look great in it!

Joza Jagodic said...

nice combi, love it!!

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous! I love the fabrics and it's a great look for seeing clients.
I need to stop putting off my coat or I will never get done! It's as you say, time consuming. Your's is looking great.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Great jacket! And the finish on that skirt is exquisite. It will be a Fall workhorse I'm sure!