Thursday, April 3, 2014

Step by step

My week started with a lovely meetup with Pauline. She had to be in The Hague at her company’s office there and I was lucky she had time on Monday evening to come over to me. We hadn’t seen each other for a while, so we had a great time catching up.

DSC_1043

(the glasses are not permanent I hope, I had an inflammation on my eye that made wearing my contact lenses impossible).

The other evenings were spent sewing. I did sew the panties to the bra I recently posted and made progress with my dress. On the panties I used the same embellishment as on the bra adding a little touch of red.

 

DSC_1046 DSC_1047 DSC_1044

 

The front of the dress is constructed. Normally I don’t mind the sparse instructions of Burda, but they could have made this dress to the monthly step by step pattern. And changed something in the order of working. It just doesn’t make sense to me to install an invisible zipper in a partially constructed back,and in a later phase complete the back and insert the zipper for the rest of the length. Really??? To me that sounds like the road to failure.

The instructions (for me in Dutch, so can’t know how the translation in English worked out) were almost incomprehensible. I made pictures during my construction and later I’ll check whether they make sense enough for an illustrated post on this.

I did not make a muslin of the skirt part, did cut extra seam allowance to be save so hope I’ll be allright. The most difficult part is over now. Keeping my fingers crossed that the fit will be ok.

DSC_1061

5 comments:

  1. How lovely that you and Pauline were able to catch up. Your dress bodice is looking very exciting and your panties just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric. I can't even figure out how you'd put in an invisible zipper in only part of the back and then finish the construction and put in the rest of the zipper? Sometimes I wonder if they proof read those instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric! And cutie undies (as we call them here in Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meet ups are the best. I love the lingerie, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new lingerie set is just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete