Sunday, April 27, 2014

Comparing fit in the back

 

The shirt I was working in my sewing/fitting class is finished. The initial fit was quite good, only the sleeves gave a bit of trouble. Too much fabric in the back part. Must be my figure, as it’s the same problem I often have with Burda sleeves.

I compared the shirt with the back of a few shirts I made in the past years. I can see quite an improvement, even when I was quite happy with those earlier shirts too when I made them. 

This shirt was not a lot of work making the pattern for based on the sloper. Once I’ve finalized the sleeve I might not need another shirt pattern and use this sloper as the base.

7 comments:

  1. lovely shirt and you can see the improvement on the sleeves from your other versions.

    I am very impressed with your pattern drafting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see how you alter this. It's a problem I have frequently too.
    So far, I've decided I need to start at the shoulder and curve the upper back in tapering back out to the underarm. But I could make a hot mess, so who knows.
    Please share your process. I've very impressed with your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if you flatten the back of the sleeve cap? Other than that your fit in back is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a sloper for all new garments - that is a dream. Looks like you are getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting to see the change to your fitting skills. Inspiring, too!

    Love the details on this shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what a difference. It's really interesting to see the contrast with the earlier garments - lovely fit across the back now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a terrific shirt and how delightful to see your fitting progress over time. Your persistence is inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete