Sunday, April 27, 2014

Comparing fit in the back

 

The shirt I was working in my sewing/fitting class is finished. The initial fit was quite good, only the sleeves gave a bit of trouble. Too much fabric in the back part. Must be my figure, as it’s the same problem I often have with Burda sleeves.

I compared the shirt with the back of a few shirts I made in the past years. I can see quite an improvement, even when I was quite happy with those earlier shirts too when I made them. 

This shirt was not a lot of work making the pattern for based on the sloper. Once I’ve finalized the sleeve I might not need another shirt pattern and use this sloper as the base.

7 comments:

pdiddly said...

lovely shirt and you can see the improvement on the sleeves from your other versions.

I am very impressed with your pattern drafting

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

I'll be interested to see how you alter this. It's a problem I have frequently too.
So far, I've decided I need to start at the shoulder and curve the upper back in tapering back out to the underarm. But I could make a hot mess, so who knows.
Please share your process. I've very impressed with your skills!

Nancy K said...

what if you flatten the back of the sleeve cap? Other than that your fit in back is excellent.

Vicki said...

Having a sloper for all new garments - that is a dream. Looks like you are getting there.

Bunny said...

Very interesting to see the change to your fitting skills. Inspiring, too!

Love the details on this shirt.

vivienz said...

Gosh, what a difference. It's really interesting to see the contrast with the earlier garments - lovely fit across the back now.

Jane M said...

Wow, what a terrific shirt and how delightful to see your fitting progress over time. Your persistence is inspiring me.