Saturday, February 22, 2014

Jacket back and a quick t-shirt

Most of the work on the back is done. One side still needs catch stitching of the seams. This fabric is a bit thick so it’s also about reducing bulk and keeping the seams flat. The flash light makes the piping shine a bit more than in real life. I’m beginning to feel this jacket might take as many hours as the classic Chanel jacket….

In between I made this cowl neck top. It’s the Day to night top from Maria Denmark. I made this top twice last year, don’t remember blogging about it. It’s an easy top to make. It took me about an hour and a half, including adding the sleeves from the Birgitte top. Both are good basics. I haven’t made the Birgitte top yet, I like the wider neckline of that one. A cowl neck is always good in my eyes. These patterns are pdf patterns, quick delivery. I still am not sold on the format of the pdf patterns. I still would prefer to have the printed pattern, or at least the option to have it as a printed pattern. For these relatively non complicated tops I didn’t mind.

17 comments:

  1. Your jacket is coming right along and looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking really great... I can't wait to see it all done. I love the pattern and am really curious to see one completed, especially with such a great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fabric and piping. I can't wait to see the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piping is a great contrast. I love the top; it's great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice top! Love cowls. I have quite a few in the wardrobe and will be having more. Very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the piping this is going to look so good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Je jas word weer heel erg mooi ben benieuwd naar het eind resultaat.
    Mooi je shirt met waterval hals, is deze dubbel?

    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corina, de hals is wel dubbel maar niet helemaal langs het armsgat (zoals in een eerder patroon dat ik gemaakt heb).het loopt in een ronde boog. Hoop dat je begrijpt wat ik bedoel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jacket fabric is so gorgeous -- I can't wait to see it finished! The piping is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That jacket is quickly becoming a stunner! Your piping is fabulous.

    I love the top and the fabric is also wonderful. Great work, Sigrid~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your jacket is progressing nicely!! Love the look of this thus far. Really like the cowl neck top as well, it has a nice drape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like a "quick fix" in the middle of a time consuming project to get the mood up! The jacket is coming along beautifuly and your top looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This jacket, should it take as many hours as a French one, is going to be worth every minute of work. It's looking great! I love the piping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your jacket is looking stunning. Love the leather piping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your jacket is looking stunning. Love the leather piping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seeing how things come together is always a great benefit. Thanks for taking the time to show us all the work that went into making that jacket the beautiful garment that it turned out to be. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete