The first blouse is finished. While editing the photos I noticed I had not a proper front shot and the little red button detail is not that clear in the photos. I’ll make photos on me later when the other planned blouses are done. For now it’s dressform shots.
I had bought 2 meters of this trim, which was just enough to do the trims as used in this blouse. I think only 15 cm is left. As a detail I used one red button and made the buttonhole with black thread. Hindsight makes me think it would have been nice to do all buttonholes in black, but I was not going to change that anymore.
All seams are French seams. Quite easy really with the 1 cm seam allowances I had cut. I started them because I was too lazy to change the thread of my serger. It makes such a nice finish! The yoke is a double layer of fabric in which the seams are enclosed.
With Burda blouse patterns I often have trouble with a bit of extra ‘puffyness’ in the back . I shaved off a bit of the sleevecap and then it was relatively easy to get the sleeves in smoothly and without the puffyness. These are also French seams.
Changed it again to a more conventional layout. Still working on it but information is visible without extra clicking. As I said I was not sure about the style. I liked the different view possibilities, but having no visible sidebar was not helpful.