In the latest Threads issue is an interview with Sandra Betzina. One of the questions is what sewing advice she can give the readers. The answer: “Transfer the pattern markings to your fabric. I see people shortutting that, and it causes problems later”.
I could relate to that, only the evening before I read this I had sewn a collar wrong because of the missing markings. I was pinning the collar to the blouse and was wondering how I could have so much excess fabric:
I hadn’t marked the notch and even had sewn the collar on the wrong side!! Topstitched and all and I hadn’t noticed. Says something of the state of mind?
The error could be corrected, I had a bit of fabric left and cut a new collar. The pattern is from the Ottobre 2/2006, pattern number 4. This is a wearable muslin. I used a remnant piece of fabric from another blouse I made. Next time I will make the shoulders a bit smaller. There’s also too much space in the front armhole. A problem I have often with sleeveless garments. On the sorbetto top I changed there as well.
Those strange wrinkles in the back, also seen more often on my blouses. Think that making the shoulder less wide might solve a bit.
It’s a nice pattern for a summer blouse. It sews up quickly (if you don’t have to sew a collar twice), so I might try it again with another fabric.