As I said this week: the dress is out for the moment. Too complicated to get it the way I like it.
There’s another Vogue pattern that has been in my stash for a few years and have wanted to try for a long time: 1064, an Anne Klein jacket. I’ve checked before and did it again yesterday, but there are NO reviews on this pattern and it even is out of print now. Not popular apparently, but I like the style with all the darts and the waistline shaping it gives.
After my disastrous Knip mode jacket in early summer, I made a muslin first. Size 14 was the largest in the envelope I had, a 16 would have been the size to use by bust measurement.
It is a bit snug in the bust area, I already did a fba (Sandra Betzine method from het book Fast Fit) on the front pattern piece.
The back looks a bit wide, but I must not make it smaller, because I won’t be able to move easily anymore. A little shoulderpad will probably make a difference too.
All in all I’m quite happy with the muslin. Now to decide which fabric to use.