Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Notched collar

Nothing to show you at the moment, but following a link in a comment on Lindsay T’s blog I found the tutorial for the notched collar I used a few times now on the SewStylish blog. My experience is that this method makes constructing a notched collar relatively easy, with great results.

There were a few comments asking for the fabric of my Hotpatterns tops. I don’t know the exact content. I bought it at the market cheap (3 euro/meter) and it was the only bolt with this soft, drapy quality. I washed it, put it in the dryer (which I seldom do) and it remained very soft. Hope to find the same quality for myself soon.

Teddie (from the Netherlands) asked where to buy Hotpatterns patterns: the answer is to buy them online, the only sources I know are the Hotpatterns site itself and Sewingpatters.com.

3 comments:

  1. That's the method that I use and it's from an old Threads article, but they've added a newer jacket to the illustrations. It's the easiest method I've found and get the most consistent results from it especially since I don't make notched collars every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also buy Hot Patterns from fabric.com, where they are occasionally on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant method! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!