Friday, July 2, 2010

New fabrics

 

Above fabrics are those I chose for winning the random prize with my dress at Pattern review and they arrived yesterday from Sew it up, the sponsor of the contest.

The first is a beautiful boucé fabric that I will incorporate in my fall plans for a new wardrobe. The second is more tan/ecru than I thought it would be, but still beautiful. It’s suitable for a spring/summer jacket, but not for this year anymore. It’s July already, very hot here (over 30 degrees Celsius does not happen often in our country), so I’m not sewing a lot. Occassionally I work on my Vogue summer dress, but work and warmth are making my sewing time limited, so progress is slow. This makes me think that, despite the weather now, real summer sewing will be over. When we are back from holidays, it will be closer to fall. A season I like more sewing-wise anyhow. Before that I hope to show you my dress.

5 comments:

  1. Nice fabric! I look forward to your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fabrics. Make some beautiful things! Well, when your weather cools down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics. I especially like the texture in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both fabrics are beautiful but absolutely love the bouclé :)

    ReplyDelete