Saturday, March 27, 2010

Almost ready and a quick project

The jacket still needs buttonholes and buttons and some handstitching of the lining. Today I was sidetracked by the idea of combining it with the almost abstract floral fabric and made a skirt of it.

I bought the fabric initially with a shirt in mind, but changed plans when it arrived. This is better use of the fabric for me. The pattern is from an old Knip Mode issue (2007), and just a basic 8 pieces skirt with a small yoke on top. Now I have to find a few tanktops in the colors in the skirt (teal, purple, olive among them).

Next time I’ll show pictures of me wearing the finished jacket.

8 comments:

  1. The fabric looks good as a skirt. And yes, lots of options for tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket looks great and I love it with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific jacket AND skirt. I love that floral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific jacket AND skirt. I love that floral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jacket looks lovely with the print skirt. I like the way the topstiching accents the details of the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cute Sigrid :-). I always worry about not finishing the project in progress if I leave it aside, but you're right that a quick restful and satisfying one in the middle can get you back on track. Certainly I can't finish a sweater without stopping for a scarf or hat or two, so it makes sense to need that for a complex jacket too.
    I really like how good that jacket looks..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the combination and that you could wear each piece in a different ensemble, too. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and that floral would definitely have caught my eye too.

    Please feel free to add my tutorial! I am honored.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!