Friday, February 19, 2010

Blouse Vogue 1054 finished

Pictures of the finished blouse. Because I wanted a bit of spring feeling, I took out a pair of summer pants to show the blouse. They are a bit too short for the high heels I was wearing, but you get a better idea of how this looks.

I used size 12, tapered down to 14 at hip level. The pictures show a few lines, but it’s quite ok I think, As usual more space in the back, but it’s supposed to be loose fitting.

Unfortunately the pictures don’t do the lines of the pattern any justice, therefor on the end a few details taken on my dressform. The shoulders are described as “dropped shoulders” but they are far less dropping than the Burda blouse I made last year (and never wore). Wish DH had a bit more feeling for photography and the way a garment drapes. The belt look is a bit strange.

The back has a small pleat, such a nice detail.

The pattern is drafted beautifully, lines are matching perfectly.

Detail on dressform

A nice pattern to get into the mood for spring sewing. I bet this fabric wrinkles like crazy, but that’s part of the deal with linen.

I’m quite happy that I’ve managed to sew something else than a knit top or a pair of pants. Hope to get a bit more sewing done this weekend.

Happy (sewing) weekend to all of you.

15 comments:

  1. The blouse is very nice and simple!!! Excellent job- compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very spring like. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Sigrid: Could you direct me to the place on the lingerie blog where the pin method is discussed in detail? Thanks, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thank you for making this, it looks great (very springy), it's in my pattern stash and I was just thinking about looking for a pattern with nicely drafted armholes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty... and I like the belt look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blouse, it looks fantastic. I really like the belt with the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job. This shirt looks beautiful and will be perfect for spring. The linen looks very light and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this blouse, and in fact, have the pattern, yet unmade. Nice sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does say spring! I love it witht the belt. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blouse looks terrific and so does the sewing. No one would know that you took some shortcuts. Time for me to get out that pattern. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely version of this blouse. It does look very crisp and just right to wear in spring weather. I like it with the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something dressier, or more elegant about a shirt like this than a knit top. Even though it wrinkles like crazy I love linen. Now if only the snow would disappear I might want to sew for spring too. It looks great on you. I wondered about the drop shoulder on this, but it is very slight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blouse and you know, I like the belt too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very nice. The color and fabric are definitely spring-like, just elegant and light.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete