In my plan of using fabrics in my stash(collection) were ideas for 8 garments, sewn from 7 fabrics. In the meantime I've sewn 4 garments from the original plan, added a wrap top and a pair of pants (never posted about that one, just black linen pants). That means that 3 fabrics were not used yet. Considering the amount of time I had to sew, it's a good result. I'll make a new plan including the unused fabrics sometime this fall.
The New Look dress and jacket was not included in my plan, and I had no fabric that made a good combination. Good reason to shop for fabric, which was what I did last week. This is my fabric combination for this:
A bit out of my normal color scheme, which basically is white/black/blue/red and sometimes purple. I love the bouclé fabric with all the colors in it. It perfect with black too. But for September I wanted something not too dark, so no little black dress.
And in the remnants I found this dark pink color, which doesn't show very good in the picture, but makes also a lovely combination.
Still hope to get the dress done this weekend. And Vicky made a good observation: the dress seems less cut away than on the pattern envelope. I didn't change that part of the pattern, but might do it, as this is the distinguishing feature of this dress. I must check whether it won't show the shoulderstraps of my bra if I cut it in more.