Very slowly I'm starting a new project. I've been busy and not too well last week, so my sewing mojo was completely gone. Tonight I made my first step to a new technique for me: piping. I must confess that I've seldom done that, and I think it was only on pillow cases a very long time ago. With more knowledge by reading sewing books and blogs I was tempted to try this. The new generic zipper foot is also a helpful tool.
The first result, one corner is not quite as it should be, I must practise a bit more. I used a piping tape that can be bought per meter. The fabric is linen.
The project I have in mind for this is a vest from the BWOF February 2008 issue. Pefect to play with the stripes and add a bit of piping. I'll omit the ruffles. I might pair it with the pants from the Vogue 1066 pattern (the Badgley Mischka pattern) in the same fabric. It will be May before I get to that, as we're spending a holdiday week in England the last week of April and I want to loose a bit of weight before I allow myself to make pants again.
And especially for JoanneM a picture of the line drawing of the Knip Mode jacket with the special folding (and the Dutch "vouwwerk" means folding). Pity the line drawing of the back is hidden in the most essential part: the peplum that has also folding in the back. A better picture you can find on the front of the magazine here.