The black pair of pants are finished. As you all probably know, black is very difficult to photograph. The pictures DD took only show the general image, the details are completely lost. Making the image lighter didn't help. Next time I must make sure the picture is made during the daylight hours, that may be better.
The detail pictures I took earlier are better, so this is what it looks like. Personally I love the combination with the red belt and shoes. The blouse is too wide rtw one. Since buying this I think fashion has changed to closer fitting blouses, or my perception of a good fitting blouse has changed. Two good white blouses needed ironing, and I was just lazy.
I didn't finish the waist as described in the pattern (see picture in previous post), but closed the pleat to the top. This time I made the back welt pockets, and though not perfect, they are fine. Never use those pockets, but I like the look of a rtw detail.
The waistband was finished with a bit of the red lining I will use for my next jacket, that you can see in the picture below. It's the new version of the Vogue jacket, and I've been working on this on and of for weeks now. The start was in my bad sewing weeks, and I made some serious mistakes, including cutting the wrong back pattern piece. This resulted in buying more of the fabric, and the supplier had only just over a yard left! Lucky me.
I want to "bag the lining" and are just postponing that step, it's a first for me, and having trouble to test the waters (as I believe the expression is).