Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good progress

Sunday morning was spent on changing the pattern for the Vogue jacket, and Sunday evening I spent about an hour making the second muslin. This is the result, I'm quite satisfied. It's worth the extra muslin.

What I did was:

  • narrow the shoulders
  • fba (I'll show pictures how I did that later)
  • widened the hip area
  • made the lines in the waist area in a better fitting curve than I had drawn with lenghtening the pattern

 

Sorry about the front picture, the neckline is a bit uneven, but these were made with a selftimer.

The waist can not be too explicit, because then my hips have too much accent to my liking, so there is quite a bit of space in the waist area, but the lines are better now.
The only thing to change now (I think) is to make the hip a bit less wide on the side panel, but that's quickly changed on the pattern.

On the sleeve I made a mistake, and took a line for the hem line, but it wasn't. Now it looks too short, but actually I must take out the extra length I added in the pattern.

The collar has separate pattern parts for under and upper collar, and there's also an extra collar band. That promises to be a smooth laying collar.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I had your talent. The finished jacket is sure to be beautiful.

Nancy K said...

I knew that it would be easy for you to get this to fit perfectly. It's going to be gorgeous.

a little sewing on the side said...

Wow, nice progress! I am happy we get to watch you sew a Vogue jacket.

Vicki said...

Looking good!

Summerset said...

Oh, yes, this is progress! Much better. I love how you made it match your body shape, yet skim the body shape rather than being tight enough to emphasize certain features.