Sunday, August 17, 2008

Patrones 264 - 41

Yes! I started sewing again, and that feels so good. Carolyn asked whether I had a good holiday, and the answer is yes, I had a good, relaxing holiday. But I would have loved to take my sewing machine. Not this time though.

I promised myself another quiet week from work (hope this will come true), and this afternoon started the pants I promised my daughter. It's number 41 from the Patrones spring/summer issue. Till now I only made one other Patrones pattern, a pair of pants for myself. And I don't speak Spanish so I have to work from pictures and line drawings. That's not a real problem, you just have to solve a few things for yourself. In these pants that will be the way the waistband is constructed, as that is not straightforward.

Main question for me is the sizing, for my daughter we concluded that it would have to be size 44 (which she found awful, in BWOF she's a 38, and this sounded so big). To be sure I cut the pattern with really wide seams, but as you can see from the pictures below, it's really very close. The construction of the seams is only done with the longest straight stitch on my machine, and I did not yet press the sides. All this will be taken out and constructed properly.

I will sew the center back seam as last seam, as I do for my own pants too, which will give me some flexibility for the waist.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! France looks perfect for a relaxing holiday :)

    The pants are looking pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. France sounded wonderful. With the dollar the way it is Europe is out of the question these days. You should consider NYC for your next vacation. Think of all those fabulous fabrics the Euro could buy you! I understand that Europeans don't just buy stuff to fill up their suitcases, but they buy the suitcase too.
    The pants look good in the back, but like they need some more room in the rear crotch. Don't think that I'll be sewing any Patrones pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    I've made this pattern before and they're great trousers. Looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!
    If your daughter is a BWOF 38, I'd say that Patrones size 42 would fit her better (at least it works for me). Patrones has more wearing ease than BWOF.
    I love that trouser pattern and "maybe" I'll include a fall version of it in my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    I just saw that you've made an awsome job with this issue from patrones. This is my favorite one But I've lost it when changing homes. And now I have two unfinished dresses hoping for a miracle: to find someone willing to sell or let me make a copy of this issue.

    Do you think you could help me with that? I will pay for your expenses!

    Thank you so much. I hope you accept to help me.

    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bianca, I could not find another way of contacting you. If you need a copy of the instructions I could arrange that. I'm not selling the issue though.

    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete