Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fabric trouble

I'm working on two knit tops, and have had a lot of problems with my fabrics.

The first one is Jalie 2562, a polo shirt that I made earlier this year.
A little change is the lengthened placket on which 3 buttons will be placed and I lengthened the sleeve from 3/4 to full length.
For effect the placket and collar are white, the buttons are black.

I bought the fabric earlier this year from a local shop. When I wanted to cut the fabric there were two holes in the fabric! Took me a lot of time to cut accurately and at the same time avoiding those holes.













The other top is a gathered neck tee from Ottobre, which was reviewed so positively by Sew4Fun. This is a fun tee, and so easy to make. Pictures tomorrow, as the seams still have to be made.
But also here fabric trouble: after pre-washing the fabric (I always do that) it had shrunk more than 10%, which meant that there was not enough fabric for the long sleeves I wanted :-(
3/4 sleeves it will be then.

Often I buy more fabric then needed, but not this time. Lesson learned: always buy a little more then needed, certainly with knit fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment